Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Fight for Scholarship

Finally I got something worth to share! Hahahahaha.

I am going to tell you my journey getting Total Undergraduate Scholarship (TUS) 2013.

TUS is scholarship provided by Total E & P Indonesie. For those who haven't familiar with this company, Total is one of big five oil and gas companies in the world. Amazing, isn't it? Honestly I am very proud to be one of the grantees, hoho. In 2013, this scholarship was opened on April. What are the requirements to apply this scholarship? Here they are:
  1. You must be an undergraduate student who is on 5th or 7th semester
  2. Minimun GPA is 3.00 (scale 4.00)
  3. Your major is engineering
  4. Mastering English is preferable
I was going to finish my 6th term, my GPA is above 3.00, I am majoring Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, my English is quite good! All requirements completed. At the time I was going to apply this scholarship, I was so upset with another scholarship. That scholarship made me wait so long since January 2013 and the provider never told me that I was rejected. When I applied TUS that upset scholarship had not told me that I was rejected, though they already had the grantees. Super thank to God that I had courage to apply TUS :)

Enough with that curhat colongan about upset scholarship, hehehe. There were 4 selection steps. The mechanism was once you failed in the first step, you can't go to the second step, and so on.

  • First step: Written Test (May 15th, 2013)
Because I am from UI, this test was held at Total E&P Indonesie Head Office on Jalan Sudirman, Jakarta. There were 23 applicants from UI which passed the administration selection. The written test consisted of language and numerical logic, held by Aneka Search Indonesia. I had been usual with the numerical test because I ever iseng-iseng took numerical test online on the internet. You can also do that guys. Just google it ;)
Actually I was not so sure about what I did in the test...

  • Second step: Focus Group Discussion (May 27th, 2013)
On May 22nd, I got a mail that I was selected as one of the candidates that passed the written test. Unfortunately my boyfriend did not join me in the next step *sad*. There were 9 participants in FGD. Wow! Huge reduction ya, from 23 became 9. Luckily I led the discussion. Plus one point for me, hoho. The discussion was to decide the priority when your shuttle space had to emergency land in the Moon.

  • Third step: Interview (June 3rd, 2013)
 The announcement for those who could go to the third step was on the same day as FGD. Really fast!! (kata anak muda jaman sekarang: gercep, gerak cepet hehe). There were 6 candidates in this step. The interview was in Bahasa and English. If you ask me what happened on the interview, I am gonna say: I felt better facing this interview rather that the previous interview which I already told you in my previous post. Experience makes you better. I believe in that! :D

  • Forth step: Panel Interview (July 12, 2013)
After waited bit long time, on June 28th I got announcement that I WAS ONE OF THE CANDIDATES THAT GET IN TO THE FINAL SELECTION!! There were 3 other candidates from UI that had the same fate as me. I never faced panel interview before. I spent my days in youtube-ing "panel interview". At first I thought that the question was gonna be the same as the interview before, BUT I WAS WRONG! TOTALLY WRONG! The questions were about my knowledge. My interviewers were from HRD and Pak Deden.
"Who is the winner of Oscar this year?", "What is corrosion?", "What cause corrosion?", "Draw the graph of P~V and P~T from equatin PV = nRT", question about H2S, question about SRB corrosion, etc etc etc
 I felt so useless and nothing at that time. Some of the pengetahuan umum question, I could only answer "I don't know, Sir"........................................

August 15th, 2013: I got an e-mail that I was one of the grantees. Alhamdulillah!!

There's a funny story. Usually Total sent me mail to my Yahoo account. I refreshed my Yahoo Mail all day long on Friday because my friend told me that he was rejected from the scholarship. Apparently, Total already sent me mail on Thursday (15 August) on my UI mail. Telat banget sayaaaa :D

This is a story I gonna remember and I hope can give you some inspiration

Allah Maha Adil :)

Terima kasih ayah & ibu atas semua restu dan doanya.

I got mail today!


Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment