Friday, May 10, 2013

First Interview

Yeah! Finally I made blog and post something, hahaha.

Couple months ago, I was invited to a scholarship test, the Roberto Rocca Scholarship. Gratefully I passed numerical test and focus group discussion test (yeay!). Here I go! The step that I never experienced before, INTERVIEW! I swear that IT WAS SO DEADLY NERVOUS!!

First interview passed..
Second interview passed..
Third interview.......................

I really messed up in this third interview. I swear that I am not gonna make these mistakes again
  • First Mistake
"Apa yang akan kamu lakukan dalam 5 tahun kedepan?"
"Bekerja.. Ya bekerja"
  • Second Mistake
In the end of interview, the interviewer gonna ask you, "any question to me?"
I said "No"
  •  Third Mistake
I made a very bad eye contact and answered something so normative and too mainstream.

From some seminars that I attended about interview, I got some tips. First of all, a company searches someone who has VISION in his/her life, better if your vision is similar to the company mission. Yaaa no doubt that I failed in the interview. I answered only ONE WORD about the vision question (very sad). Also, interviewer wants to know about your willing to have higher achievement, customer oriented, your integrity (self consistency and self confidence). Sometimes you are given a study case question. Just say what your opinion on that, they wanna know about your sensitivity handling.

Yaa maybe this writing is lil bit sok tau, hehehe. I am not an expert in facing an interview and I am not an interviewer. I just wanna share my experience.

 Last, I got some tips how to fight "ada pertanyaan?" or "any question?" condition.
  • Interviewer wants to know about your interest in this company or scholarship
  • A very better, and I suggest you to ASK, about the company, their recent business. Or you may ask about your job description or the career path in the company if you are in a job interview.

More about interview tips, you can go to youtube :D

No comments:

Post a Comment